Friday 12 August 2011

Green Pepper!

We have successfuly grown our first pepper of the year.



It's been sat dangling off the pepper plant for a while now and it was finally a good size and didn't seem to be getting any bigger. We snipped the pepper off the plant and cut it into small pieces to skewer on to some kebabs we were making for a barbeque. With some chicken pieces, fresh tomatoes and onion, the kebabs were absolutely delicious.

This is the first ever pepper I have grown, so to grow it and enjoy it with Amy was really nice. I've grown lots of chilli peppers before, but never had much luck with actual peppers. There are about 6 more peppers in the pipeline so fingers crossed they will be just as tasty.

Have a great weekend.

Martin

7 comments:

  1. If you snip them off as soon as they are big enough to eat the plant will produce more and and more and more!!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet it was the best pepper you'll ever taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious.

    Congratulations.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special moment it sure have been tasting this first pepper!
    I think I won't have any this year. Too bad for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! We've never had much success with sweet peppers so it's good to see that you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not been able to grow peppers for the last few years. I have not figured out why yet. I can grow jalapenos just fine but not bell peppers. I am not sure if it is the soil, lack of bees or something else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super duper. I hope the others are just as good looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to visit our blog! Please leave a comment we love reading every single one of them!