Monday 20 June 2011

Just in time!

It's that time of year again.The time of year I absolutely love which I inherited from my Grandma Margaret. It's Wimbledon! For two whole weeks we ask for bright, sunny days, bucket loads of strawberries and gallons of champagne.

People all across the country will be getting in to the spirit of things with the consumption of Tesco, Waitrose, and Morrisson's strawberries and the cheapest single cream they could find. Well, I almost was one of them people.

I've read blogs, where people have been picking punnets upon punnets  full of the juciest and most delicious strawberries around. I have been so green with envy for weeks, but with just over an hour to go before the first racket hits the ball, we have been saved by not just one strawberry...



but our first raspberry too.

They look delicious don't they. Ok, that isn't the most uniform strawberry that you've ever seen. But nonetheless it is red.

I'm not sure how we are going to go about this. Half a strawberry and raspberry each? Maybe Amy will have the raspberry and I'll have the strawberry?

I'll let you know how it turns out. (and who wins!)

Have a wimbledon-tastic day.

I wish you full punnets of strawberries.

Martin

3 comments:

  1. Homegrown strawberries taste the best whether or not they are uniform. How lucky that you've even harvested the first of your raspberry. When I was in Wales seeing family, at the allomtent there were a handful of raspberries there for the picking. I tried some, eek too watery and lacking flavour.

    Enjoy your owns punnets of strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not get very many strawberries this year and only a few raspberries but those plants were all started this year and I agree, even the few I did get tasted so much better than the store bought ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wimbledon too, like you we're a bit short on strawberries with which to celebrate but I think a glass or two of homebrew and some greenhouse grown salad will work too... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to visit our blog! Please leave a comment we love reading every single one of them!